约伯传 Job Chapter 4
Job
Chapter 4

1 Then spoke Eliphaz the Temanite, who said:

特曼人厄里法次开始说:

2 If someone attempts a word with you, will you mind? For how can anyone refrain from speaking?

人若和你讲话,你能忍受吗?但谁又能忍住不说?

3 Behold, you have instructed many, and have made firm their feeble hands.

看,你曾劝戒过许多人,坚固过软弱无能的人;

4 Your words have upheld the stumbler; you have strengthened his faltering knees.

你的话扶起了跌倒的人,坚固了膝弱无力的人;

5 But now that it comes to you, you are impatient; when it touches yourself, you are dismayed.

但是现今灾祸一临于你,你就萎靡不振;一接触你,你就沮丧失意。

6 Is not your piety a source of confidence, and your integrity of life your hope?

你敬畏天主之情,岂不是你的依靠?你完善的行为,岂不是你的希望?

7 Reflect now, what innocent person perishes? Since when are the upright destroyed?

请想:那有无辜者丧亡?那有正直者消逝?

8 As I see it, those who plow for mischief and sow trouble, reap the same.

照我所见:那播种邪恶的,必收邪恶;散布毒害的,必收毒害。

9 By the breath of God they perish, and by the blast of his wrath they are consumed.

天主一嘘气,他们即灭亡;一发怒气,他们即消失。

10 1 Though the lion roars, though the king of beasts cries out, yet the teeth of the young lions are broken;

狮吼豹嗥完全止息,幼狮的牙齿也被打碎;

11 The old lion perishes for lack of prey, and the cubs of the lioness are scattered.

壮狮因缺猎物而灭绝,牝狮幼子各自东西离散。

12 2 For a word was stealthily brought to me, and my ear caught a whisper of it.

我窃听到一句话,我耳听见细语声。

13 In my thoughts during visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on men,

当人沉睡时,夜梦多幻象;

14 Fear came upon me, and shuddering, that terrified me to the bones.

我恐怖战栗,全身骨头发抖。

15 Then a spirit passed before me, and the hair of my flesh stood up.

寒风掠过我面,使我毛发悚然。

16 It paused, but its likeness I could not discern; a figure was before my eyes, and I heard a still voice:

他停立不动,但我不能辨其形状;我面前出现形影,我听见细微的声音:

17"Can a man be righteous as against God? Can a mortal be blameless against his Maker?

人岂能在天主前自以为义?在造他者前,自以为洁?

18 Lo, he puts no trust in his servants, and with his angels he can find fault.

看,他的仆役,他还不信;他的使者,他还归罪,

19 How much more with those that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is in the dust, who are crushed more easily than the moth!

何况那以泥屋为居所,以尘土为基础的人!他们为人践踏,有如蠹虫;

20 Morning or evening they may be shattered; with no heed paid to it, they perish forever.

晨昏间即化为齑粉,永远消亡而无人回顾。

21 The pegs of their tent are plucked up; they die without knowing wisdom."

幕索已自断,他们就因缺少智慧而死亡?



Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [10] The lion: used figuratively here for the violent, rapacious sinner who cannot prevail against God.

2 [12-21] A dramatic presentation of the idea of man's nothingness in contrast to God's greatness.