Job
Chapter 13
1 Lo, all this my eye has seen; my ear has heard and perceived it.
的确,这一切我亲眼见过,我亲耳听过,是我熟悉的事。
2 What you know, I also know; I fall not short of you.
你们所知道的,我也知道,我并不亚于你们。
3 But I would speak with the Almighty; I wish to reason with God.
但是,我愿同全能者交谈,愿与天主辩论,
4 You are glossing over falsehoods and offering vain remedies, every one of you!
因为你们都是谎言的捏造者,全是无用的医生。
5 Oh, that you would be altogether silent! This for you would be wisdom.
恨不得你们闭口不言!这样才算聪明。
6 Hear now the rebuke I shall utter and listen to the reproof from my lips.
请你们听我的怨诉,留意我口中的辩论!
7 Is it for God that you speak falsehood? Is it for him that you utter deceit?
你们想以诡诈来为天主辩护,以谎言来为他说理?
8 Is it for him that you show partiality? Do you play advocate on behalf of God?
难道你们想偏袒天主,有意为他辩护吗?
9 Will it be well when he shall search you out? Would you impose on him as one does on men?
他揭穿了你们,难道为你们有益?难道你们能欺骗他如人之欺骗人?
10 He will openly rebuke you if even in secret you show partiality.
你们若假意偏袒,他必严厉斥责你们。
11 Surely will his majesty affright you and the dread of him fall upon you.
他的尊严能不使你们恐怖?他的威吓能不落在你们身上?
12 Your reminders are ashy maxims, your fabrications are mounds of clay.
你们的古谚都是些腐朽之谈,你们的答辩都是些泥制的盾牌。
13 Be silent, let me alone! that I may speak and give vent to my feelings.
你们且住口,让我来发言:不要管我有什么遭遇。
14 1 I will carry my flesh between my teeth, and take my life in my hand.
我已将我的肉放在我牙齿中,已将我的性命放在我手中;
15 Slay me though he might, I will wait for him; I will defend my conduct before him.
即使他杀我,我仍希望在他面前表白我的行为。
16 And this shall be my salvation, that no impious man can come into his presence.
这样对我还有救,因为恶人不敢到他面前。
17 Pay careful heed to my speech, and give my statement a hearing.
你们要细听我的话,侧耳静听我的解释。
18 Behold, I have prepared my case, I know that I am in the right.
我今呈上我的案件,确知我自己有理。
19 If anyone can make a case against me, then I shall be silent and die.
谁若与我争辩,我就住口,情愿死去。
20 2 These things only do not use against me, then from your presence I need not hide:
惟有二事,你切莫向我作,我就不回避你:
21 Withdraw your hand far from me, and let not the terror of you frighten me.
请将你的手由我身上撤回,莫让你的威严恐吓我。
22 Then call me, and I will respond; or let me speak first, and answer me.
那时你若召唤,我必回答;或者我说,你回答我。
23 What are my faults and my sins? My misdeeds and my sins make known to me!
我的错误罪过,究竟有多少?让我认识我的过犯和罪过。
24 Why do you hide your face and consider me your enemy?
你为何遮掩你的面容,将我视作你的仇人?
25 Will you harass a wind-driven leaf, or pursue a withered straw?
难道你要喝走被风吹落的树叶,要追逐已枯干的草屑?
26 For you draw up bitter indictments against me, and punish in me the faults of my youth.
以致你写下要我受苦的判词,使我承当我青年时的罪过。
27 You put my feet in the stocks; you watch all my paths and trace out all my footsteps.
以致你把我的脚缚在木桩上,窥察我的一切行动,追究我的足迹,又为我的脚步划定界限。
28 3 Though he wears out like a leather bottle, like a garment that the moth has consumed?
我已如腐烂的朽木,又如虫蛀蚀的衣服。
Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes(注解)
1 [14] The second half of the verse is a common biblical expression for risking one's life; cf Judges 12:3; 1 Sam 19:5; 28:21; Psalm 119:109; the first half of the verse must have a similar meaning. Job is so confident of his innocence that he is willing to risk his life by going to judgment with God.
2 [20] From here to the end of Job 14 Job pleads his case, addressing God rather than his three friends.
3 [28] (13:28)This verse has been transposed from Job 13.