约伯传 Job Chapter 22
Job
Chapter 22

1 Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said:

特曼人厄里法次接着说:

2 Can a man be profitable to God? Though to himself a wise man be profitable!

人于天主能有什么益处?明智人只能于一己有益。

3 Is it of advantage to the Almighty if you are just? Or is it a gain to him if you make your ways perfect?

纵然你公正,对全能者能有什么好处?纵然你品行齐全,对天主有什么利益?

4 Is it because of your piety that he reproves you-- that he enters with you into judgment?

他岂能因你敬畏而责斥你,拉你来听审?

5 Is not your wickedness manifold? Are not your iniquities endless?

岂不是因为你罪恶多端,罪过无穷?

6 1 You have unjustly kept your kinsmen's goods in pawn, left them stripped naked of their clothing.

因为你无理地强取了你兄弟的抵押,剥去了人的衣服,使之赤裸;

7 To the thirsty you have given no water to drink, and from the hungry you have withheld bread;

口渴的人,你没有给他水喝;饥饿的人,你没有给他饭吃;

8 As if the land belonged to the man of might, and only the privileged were to dwell in it.

让强有力的人占有土地,让尊贵体面的人住在其中;

9 You have sent widows away empty-handed, and the resources of orphans you have destroyed.

却使寡妇空手而归,折断孤儿的手臂;

10 Therefore snares are round about you, and a sudden terror causes you dismay,

因此罗网要四面围困你,恐吓突降,使你惊惶。

11 Or darkness, in which you cannot see; a deluge of waters covers you.

光明变成黑暗,使你毫无所见;洪水漫漫,将你淹没。

12 Does not God, in the heights of the heavens, behold the stars, high though they are?

天主岂不是居于高天?看,最高的星辰何其高远?

13 Yet you say,"What does God know? Can he judge through the thick darkness?

你曾说过:"天主知道什么?他岂能透过黑云施行审判?

14 Clouds hide him so that he cannot see; he walks upon the vault of the heavens!"

云彩遮蔽着他,使他看不到什么,而他只在天边周围游行。"

15 Do you indeed keep to the ancient way trodden by worthless men,

你岂要固守恶人所蹈的故辙?

16 Who were snatched away before their time; whose foundations a flood swept away?

尚未到时,他们已被攫去,大水冲去了他们的基础。

17 These men said to God,"Depart from us!" and,"What can the Almighty do to us?"

他们曾向天主说:"离开我们!全能者能为我们作什么?"

18 2 (Yet he had filled their houses with good things! But far be from me the mind of the impious!)

他原来是以福利充满了他们的家,可是恶人的思想离他很远。

19 The just look on and are gladdened, and the innocent deride them:

义人见了就欢乐,无罪者也讥笑他们说:"

20"Truly these have been destroyed where they stood, and such as were left, fire has consumed!"

的确,他们的财富已被消灭,他门所剩余的皆被火焚毁。"

21 Come to terms with him to be at peace. In this shall good come to you:

请你与他亲善和好,藉此你的幸福必得恢复。

22 Receive instruction from his mouth, and lay up his words in your heart.

请你领受他口中的教训,将他的话存在心中。

23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored; if you put iniquity far from your tent,

如果你归向全能者,你必兴起;你若使邪恶离开你的帐幕,

24 3 And treat raw gold like dust, and the fine gold of Ophir as pebbles from the brook,

视金子如尘埃,视敖非尔金如溪石,

25 Then the Almighty himself shall be your gold and your sparkling silver.

全能者必作为你的金锭,作为你的银堆。

26 For then you shall delight in the Almighty and you shall lift up your face toward God.

那时你必以全能者为喜乐,你将仰望天主的慈颜。

27 You shall entreat him and he will hear you, and your vows you shall fulfill.

那时你祈求他,他必应允你;你可向他还你的誓愿。

28 When you make a decision, it shall succeed for you, and upon your ways the light shall shine.

你决定的事,事必成就;光明要照耀你的道路,

29 For he brings down the pride of the haughty, but the man of humble mien he saves.

因为他压伏骄傲的人,拯救低首下心的人。

30 God delivers him who is innocent; you shall be delivered through cleanness of hands.

他必解救无罪的人;你若手中清廉,你必获救。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [6-8] This criticism of Job by Eliphaz is altogether untrue, but it is made to dramatize the latter's argument that God always acts justly when he causes someone to suffer. Job 22:8 is misplaced.

2 [18] A gloss, taken partly from Job 21:16.

3 [24] Ophir: cf note to Psalm 45:10.