Psalms
Chapter 6
1 1 2 For the leader; with stringed instruments, "upon the eighth." A psalm of David.
达味诗歌,交与乐官,和以弦乐,八度低音。
2 Do not reprove me in your anger, LORD, nor punish me in your wrath.
上主,求你不要在震怒中责罚我,不要在气愤中惩戒我。
3 Have pity on me, LORD, for I am weak; heal me, LORD, for my bones are trembling.
上主,我的体力衰弱,求你怜恤我;上主,我的骨骸战栗,求你医治我;
4 3 In utter terror is my soul-- and you, LORD, how long...?
我的灵魂万分痛苦,上主,何时才能结束?
5 4 Turn, LORD, save my life; in your mercy rescue me.
上主,请你回来援助我,因了你的慈爱解救我。
6 5 For who among the dead remembers you? Who praises you in Sheol?
因为,在死亡中,没有人想念你;在阴府里,还有谁称颂你?
7 I am wearied with sighing; all night long tears drench my bed; my couch is soaked with weeping.
我已哭泣疲惫,每天夜里,常以眼泪浸湿我的床铺,常以鼻涕流透我的被褥。
8 My eyes are dimmed with sorrow, worn out because of all my foes.
我的眼睛因忧伤而昏盲,为了仇敌众多甚感惆怅。
9 Away from me, all who do evil! The LORD has heard my weeping.
作奸犯科的人快快远离我,因为上主听见了我的悲号;
10 The LORD has heard my prayer; the LORD takes up my plea.
上主俯允了我的哀告,上主悦纳了我的祈祷。
11 My foes will be terrified and disgraced; all will fall back in sudden shame.
我的仇敌必要受辱惊慌,转瞬之间必会含羞逃亡。
Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes(注解)
1 [Psalm 6] The first of the seven Penitential Psalms (Psalm 6, 32, 38, 51, 102, 130, 143), a designation dating from the seventh century A.D. for psalms suitable to express repentance. The psalmist does not, as in many laments, claim to be innocent but appeals to God's mercy (Psalm 6:5). Sin here, as often in the Bible, is both the sinful act and its injurious consequences; here it is physical sickness (Psalm 6:3-4, 7-8) and the attacks of enemies (Psalm 6:8, 9, 10)[11]. The psalmist prays that the effects of personal and social sin be taken away.
2 [1] Upon the eighth: apparently a musical notation, now lost.
3 [4] How long?: elliptical for "How long will it be before you answer my prayer?" Cf Psalm 13:2-3.
4 [5] mercy: Heb. hesed, translated as "mercy' or "love," describes God's affectionate fidelity to human beings, which is rooted in divine and not human integrity.
5 [6] A motive for God to preserve the psalmist from death: in the shadowy world of the dead no one offers you praise. Sheol is the biblical term for the underworld where the insubstantial souls of dead human beings dwelt. It was similar to the Hades of Greek and Latin literature. In the second century B.C., biblical books begin to speak positively of life with God after death (Daniel 12:1-3; Wisdom 3).