约伯传 Job Chapter 16
Job
Chapter 16

1 Then Job answered and said:

约伯回答说:

2 I have heard this sort of thing many times. Wearisome comforters are you all!

象这样的话,我听了许多;你们的安慰反使人烦恼。

3 Is there no end to windy words? Or what sickness have you that you speak on?

这些风凉话何时了?或者有什么事迫你非说不可?

4 I also could talk as you do, were you in my place. I could declaim over you, or wag my head at you;

若是你们处在我的境遇中,我也会说象你们所说的话,也会花言巧语讥笑你们,向你们摇头。

5 I could strengthen you with talk, or shake my head with silent lips.

我也会以口舌宽慰你们,摇唇鼓舌来减轻你们的痛苦。

6 If I speak, this pain I have will not be checked; if I leave off, it will not depart from me.

我若讲话,痛苦并不停止;我若闭口不言,难道痛苦就离开我?

7 But now that I am exhausted and stunned, all my company has closed in on me.

现今天主的确叫我厌倦,使我每个亲人都远离了我;

8 As a witness there rises up my traducer, speaking openly against me;

使我憔悴,以指证我;使我消瘦,当面非难我。

9 I am the prey his wrath assails, he gnashes his teeth against me. My enemies lord it over me;

他在愤怒中撕裂我,窘迫我,向我咬牙切齿;我仇人锋利的眼睛常盯着我。

10 their mouths are agape to bite me. They smite me on the cheek insultingly; they are all enlisted against me.

他们张开大口想吞噬我,责骂着打我的面颊,一起拥上前来攻击我。

11 God has given me over to the impious; into the clutches of the wicked he has cast me.

天主将我交于不义之人,将我丢在恶人手中。

12 I was in peace, but he dislodged me; he seized me by the neck and dashed me to pieces. He has set me up for a target;

我原来安宁,他却折磨我,抓住我的脖子,粉碎我,又拿我当作他的箭靶。

13 his arrows strike me from all directions, He pierces my sides without mercy, he pours out my gall upon the ground.

他的箭矢四面射击我,射穿我的腰,毫不留情,使我的胆倾流于地。

14 He pierces me with thrust upon thrust; he attacks me like a warrior.

他将我撕裂粉碎,有如武士向我跑来。

15 I have fastened sackcloth over my skin, and have laid my brow in the dust.

我缝麻衣包裹我的皮肤,使我额角插入尘土。

16 My face is inflamed with weeping and there is darkness over my eyes,

我的脸因哭泣发红,我睫眉间满是暗影;

17 Although my hands are free from violence, and my prayer is sincere.

我的手虽没有行过残暴的事,而我的祈祷,又往往纯正。

18 1 O earth, cover not my blood, nor let my outcry come to rest!

地啊!不要掩盖我的血。愿我的呼声无休息的余地!

19 2 Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven, and my spokesman is on high.

看啊!连现今在天上有我的见证,在高处有我的中保。

20 My friends it is who wrong me; before God my eyes drop tears,

我的哀号上彻于天,在天主前我的双目流泪不止。

21 That he may do justice for a mortal in his presence and decide between a man and his neighbor.

惟愿人与天主之间有一中人,犹如人与人之间一样!

22 For my years are numbered now, and I am on a journey from which I shall not return.

因为我的年数将尽,快要走上那条一去不返的路途。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [18] As the blood of those who were unjustly slain cries to heaven for vengeance (Genesis 4:10; Ezekiel 24:6-9), so Job's sufferings demand redress.

2 [19] Witness: refers either to God or, more probably, to Job's prayer.