Job
Chapter 17
1 My spirit is broken, my lamp of life extinguished; my burial is at hand.
我的气息已断,寿命已尽,而且坟墓已为我做好。
2 I am indeed mocked, and, as their provocation mounts, my eyes grow dim.
我岂不是成了笑骂的对象?我的眼睛岂不是在酸苦中过夜?
3 1 Grant me one to offer you a pledge on my behalf: who is there that will give surety for me?
求你将我的抵押放在你那里!谁还敢与我击掌作?t
4 You darken their minds to knowledge; therefore they do not understand.
因为你蒙蔽了他们的心,不叫他们明白,他们才不敢举起手来。
5 My lot is described as evil,
人请自己的朋友分享所有,但自己的子女却饿的眼目花昏。
6 and I am made a byword of the people; their object lesson I have become.
我成了人民取笑的资料,人人在我脸上可吐唾沫。
7 My eye has grown blind with anguish, and all my frame is shrunken to a shadow.
我的眼睛因愁闷而昏花,我的肢体消失有如荫影。
8 Upright men are astonished at this, and the innocent aroused against the wicked.
正直人因此而惊异,无罪者愤起攻击恶人。
9 Yet the righteous shall hold to his way, and he who has clean hands increase in strength.
义人坚持自己的道,手净的人倍增勇气。
10 But turn now, and come on again; for I shall not find a wise man among you!
你们众人,请你们再回来,但在你们中我找不到一个智者。
11 My days are passed away, my plans are at an end, the cherished purposes of my heart.
我的时日已过去,我志所谋,我心所爱,都已落空。
12 Such men change the night into day; where there is darkness they talk of approaching light.
他们将黑夜变为白天,使光明靠近黑暗;
13 If I look for the nether world as my dwelling, if I spread my couch in the darkness,
若是我还有希望,即以阴府为我的家;在幽暗之处,铺设我的床榻。
14 If I must call corruption "my father," and the maggot "my mother" and "my sister,"
我对墓穴说:你作我父!对蛆虫说:你作我母,我妹!
15 Where then is my hope, and my prosperity, who shall see?
我的希望究在何处?我的幸福,有谁注意?
16 Will they descend with me into the nether world? Shall we go down together into the dust?
这一切只有和我一同降入阴府,一同安息在灰尘中。
Previous Chapter Next Chapter
Footnotes(注解)
1 [3] Addressed to God; Job 17:10 to Job's friends.