约伯传 Job Chapter 33
Job
Chapter 33

1 Therefore, O Job, hear my discourse, and hearken to all my words.

约伯,请你且听我的话,侧耳静听我说的一切。

2 Behold, now I open my mouth; my tongue and my voice form words.

请看,我已开口,舌头已在口腔内发言。

3 I will state directly what is in my mind, my lips shall utter knowledge sincerely;

我的的口要说出真知的话,我的唇舌要清楚说明。

4 For the spirit of God has made me, the breath of the Almighty keeps me alive.

天主的神造了我,全能者的气息使我生活。

5 If you are able, refute me; draw up your arguments and stand forth.

你如果能够,就回答我,请准备好,来对抗我。

6 Behold I, like yourself, have been taken from the same clay by God.

看,我与你在天主前都是一样,我也是用泥土造成的。

7 Therefore no fear of me should dismay you, nor should my presence weigh heavily upon you.

所以我的威吓不会使你恐怖,我的手也不会重压在你身上。

8 But you have said in my hearing, as I listened to the sound of your words:

你所说的,我已耳闻,听到了你所说的话:"

9 "I am clean and without transgression; I am innocent; there is no guilt in me.

我本纯洁无罪,清白无瑕。

10 Yet he invents pretexts against me and reckons me as his enemy.

但天主却在我身上找错,视我为他的对头;

11 He puts my feet in the stocks; he watches all my ways!"

他把我的脚缚在木桩上,窥察我的一切行动。"

12 In this you are not just, let me tell you; for God is greater than man.

我答复你说:你这话说的不对,因为天主远超世人。

13 Why, then, do you make complaint against him that he gives no account of his doings?

他既不答复你说的一切话,你为何还同他争辩?

14 For God does speak, perhaps once, or even twice, though one perceive it not.

原来天主用一种方法向人讲话,人若不理会,他再用另一种方法:

15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, (when deep sleep falls upon men) as they slumber in their beds,

天主有时借梦和夜间的异象,当人躺在床上沉睡的时候,

16 It is then he opens the ears of men and as a warning to them, terrifies them;

开启人的听觉,用异象惊吓他,

17 By turning man from evil and keeping pride away from him,

使人脱离恶念,使人铲除骄傲,

18 He withholds his soul from the pit and his life from passing to the grave.

阻拦他陷于阴府,救他的性命脱离沟壑。

19 Or a man is chastened on his bed by pain and unceasing suffering within his frame,

天主也有时惩罚人在床上受痛苦,使他的骨头不断地战栗,

20 So that to his appetite food becomes repulsive, and his senses reject the choicest nourishment.

以致他讨厌食物,他的心厌恶美味。

21 His flesh is wasted so that it cannot be seen, and his bones, once invisible, appear;

他身上的肉已消逝不见,他深藏的骨头,已开始外露。

22 His soul draws near to the pit, his life to the place of the dead.

他的灵魂已临近墓穴,他的生命已接近死亡之所。

23 1 If then there be for him an angel, one out of a thousand, a mediator, To show him what is right for him and bring the man back to justice,

一千天使中,若有一个在他身傍,作他的代言人,提醒人应行的义务,

24 He will take pity on him and say, "Deliver him from going down to the pit; I have found him a ransom."

而怜悯他,为他转求说:"求你拯救他免陷于阴府,因为我已找到赎他性命的赎金。"

25 Then his flesh shall become soft as a boy's; he shall be again as in the days of his youth.

他的肉身比少年人的肉身必更健美,他必恢复他的青春岁月。

26 He shall pray and God will favor him; he shall see God's face with rejoicing.

他祈求天主,必获得悦纳。他必欢然得见天主的仪容,天主也必恢复此人的正义。

27 He shall sing before men and say, "I sinned and did wrong, yet he has not punished me accordingly.

那时,他将在人前重述所经历的事说:"我犯了罪,颠倒了是非,但他没有照我的罪罚我。

28 He delivered my soul from passing to the pit, and I behold the light of life."

他救了我性命脱离沟壑,使我生活重见光明。"

29 Lo, all these things God does, twice, or thrice, for a man,

看,这全是天主接二连三对人所做的事,

30 Bringing back his soul from the pit to the light, in the land of the living.

挽救他脱离阴府,重见重生之光。

31 Be attentive, O Job; listen to me! Be silent and I will speak.

约伯啊!请留神倾听,静静地听我说话!

32 If you have aught to say, then answer me. Speak out! I should like to see you justified.

你若有话说,请即回复我,你尽管说,因为我愿听你的理。

33 If not, then do you listen to me; be silent while I teach you wisdom.

若没有话,且听我说,静听我要教给你的智慧。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes9(注解)

1 [23] Angel: one of the thousands who stand between God and man as intermediaries, reminding man of his duties and giving God an account of their fulfillment.