约伯传 Job Chapter 29
Job
Chapter 29

1 Job took up his theme anew and said;

约伯继续他的言论说:

2 Oh, that I were as in the months past! as in the days when God watched over me,

谁能赐我似以往的岁月,象以往天主护守我的时日?

3 While he kept his lamp shining above my head, and by his light I walked through darkness;

那时他的灯,光照在我头上,藉他的光明,我走过黑暗。

4 As I was in my flourishing days, when God sheltered my tent;

惟愿我如壮年时日,那时天主护佑我的帐幕;

5 When the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were round about me;

全能者与我相偕,我的子女环绕着我;

6 1 When my footsteps were bathed in milk, and the rock flowed with streams of oil;

那时我以奶油洗脚,崖石流油成河。

7 When I went forth to the gate of the city and set up my seat in the square-

当我走出城门,在市井设我座位之时,

8 Then the young men saw me and withdrew, while the elders rose up and stood;

少年人看见我都回避,老年人都起身站立;

9 The chief men refrained from speaking and covered their mouths with their hands;

王侯停止讲话,用手堵住自己的口;

10 The voice of the princes was silenced, and their tongues stuck to the roofs of their mouths.

首领不敢出声,舌头紧贴上颚。

11 Whoever heard of me blessed me; those who saw me commended me.

倾耳听我的,都称赞我;定眼看我的,都给我作证。

12 For I rescued the poor who cried out for help, the orphans, and the unassisted;

因为我援助了呼救的穷人,和无依无靠的孤儿。

13 The blessing of those in extremity came upon me, and the heart of the widow I made joyful.

那受丧亡之痛的人称谢我,我使寡妇的心欢乐。

14 I wore my honesty like a garment; justice was my robe and my turban.

我披上正义,正义就衣饰我;我的公正,犹如我的长袍和冠冕。

15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet to the lame was I;

我作了盲人的眼,跛者的脚。

16 I was a father to the needy; the rights of the stranger I studied,

我成了穷人之父,我调查过素不相识者的案件。

17 And I broke the jaws of the wicked man; from his teeth I forced the prey.

我打碎恶人的燎牙,由他牙齿间拔夺他的猎物。

18 2 Then I said: "In my own nest I shall grow old; I shall multiply years like the phoenix.

我心想:我必寿终正寝,我的寿数必如尘沙。

19 My root is spread out to the waters; the dew rests by night on my branches.

我的根蔓延到水边,夜间甘露落在我的枝叶上。

20 My glory is fresh within me, and my bow is renewed in my hand!"

我的荣耀不断更新,我的弓在手中日新月异。

21 For me they listened and waited; they were silent for my counsel.

听我讲话的人,屏息等待,静听我的指教。

22 Once I spoke, they said no more, but received my pronouncement drop by drop.

我讲话之后,无人再敢讲话,我的话象水珠滴落在他们身上。

23 They waited for me as for the rain; they drank in my words like the spring rains.

他们期待我如望甘霖,张着大口如渴盼晚雨。

24 When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them.  

我向他们微笑,他们不敢相信;我和善的面容,他们必不放过。

25 mourners took comfort from my cheerful glance. I chose out their way and presided; I took a king's place in the armed forces.

我为他们选择了道路,身居前导,如立在军中的君王;我引领他们到那里,他们就让我引导。

Previous Chapter Next Chapter

Footnotes(注解)

1 [6] Hyperbole to express abundance; see note on Job 20:17.

2 [18] Phoenix: a legendary bird which, after several centuries of life, consumed itself in fire, then rose from its ashes in youthful freshness. This meaning, originally intended in the Greek, later came to mean "palm tree." Some render the Hebrew as "sand."